Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kitten

Spring is in the air... I love it. And the dogs, well... They are going nuts. Even the cat. This morning, settling into our big, comfy chairs after an early morning walk with the hounds, Sylvester reached up from under the coffee table and starting dinking with a pen, sitting on the coffee table. So Red Man turns to me and says, "What do you think he does all day while we're gone?" Well, thats a good question. Who knows? I would assume he spends the entire time sleeping. I know I would if I never had to work a day in my life. If my biggest problem in the entire world was trying to figure out when the next time momma would fill my food bowl, yes I would sleep all day too. And just as I was about to say that out loud, kitty reached up again to the coffee table, this time hooking his klutzy paw on the edge of my empty cereal bowl. Okay, well I mean the cereral was gone. There was still milk in the damn bowl. And what does he do? Pulls on the bowl... right over the edge...before we can react.... and spills milk all over himself and my carpet. I didnt even bother moving. Normally, under this sort of circumstances, I would have given kitty a gentle swat to 'teach him a lesson' (yeah right, if any of you have ever been able to actually teach your kitty something, other than to potty in the clay, give me a hollar and tell me just how) but I figured the face full of warm, cinnamon tinted milk was probably enough to remind him not to do that again. At least not today. Red Man and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. We didnt want to know what Syl did with all of his free time. Because it would probably only worry us, and we have enough worry in our lives. Like working full time just to keep the kibble coming. Like cleaning up milk from my carpet before it starts to smell. Thank God tomorrow is Friday.
Oh, and I kind of think that this is what kitty's day consists of... Lucky bastard.




No comments: