Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Aussie Birthdays!

Today is the given birthday of my 2 Australian Shepherds. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANKIE!  She's 3 today.














HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRBY!  He's 2 today.
















Now, since both of my Aussies are rescued dogs, I dont know their actual birthdays.  But here is a brief rundown on how I came to give them each this day as their birthday.


When I first adopted Frankie from the shelter, she was appx 9 months of age. She arrived on July 13th.  Count 3 months out to her 1st birthday.  October 13th.


I adopted Kirby in September of 2009. He was 10 months old when I got him, I fostered him for a number of weeks and ultimately adopted him.  11 months. Count out 1 month to his 1st birthday.  October. Since Frankie's was already the 13th, I decided they would share it.


Because that's just how I roll.

1 comment:

Ninso said...

Jun and Elo's estimated birthdays are both in October too! But I didn't narrow it down to a day, cause I'm a mean mom and don't celebrate dog birthdays. Jun turned 3 and Elo turned 2. Lok's actual birthday from his papers is January 25th, the day after mine. He will be 5 in a few months!