Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Agility Time!

Seven is better than eight, right?

I hope everybody had a fabulous, safe and memorable memorial weekend! I didnt do much. Saturday night we were with some friends to watch the UFC fight. And even though I was rooting for Sean Sherk, I wasnt surprised the BJ Penn took it.

Otherwise, the weekend didnt consist of much. Red went fishing, ALL 3 days. For like 9 hours a day. This is where I will never understand men. I enjoy fishing. I really do. But I cant fathom having such a passion for it as a hobby to spend 9+ hours a day doing it. And sometimes by himself. I dont know.. I think I would go crazy and start talking to myself. Or worse, the minnows. Cursing the line, slamming the pole around... Yikes.

I got a ton of spring cleaning done over the weekend. Feels good to have a nice, clean, organized house again!!!

Oh! My biggest news... Jake and I are now members of AMBOR, which stands for the American Mixed Breed Obedience Registry (thank you, Cj!). With Red fishing all the time, Jake and I needed something to do on the weekends besides clean. And I had always wanted to show dogs... But I never had a purebred and I didnt know you could even show mixed breeds. But you can!
I purchased some cheap agility practice equipment on ebay as well... Check it out!
12 weave poles. They are seperated and have spikes on the bottom, so I can set them up anywhere in any pattern. This will make training easier.




That blue tape there is actually a nylon pole guide, there are holes every so far that are spread out to regulation size, so when Jake is ready to move up to real poles, we will be practicing within regulation.

Red is also going to help me out with the A Frame and Teeter obsticals...




To buy these two pieces from a professional would cost over $1500! But with some PVC piping, lumber and nails, some nice paint and a regulations measurement list, we can build them both for under $50. Woo!! Here Here for the bargain shopper! Maybe when I'm done I can sell them on ebay for a gazillion dollars, right?

There is much more equipment to have the whole set. But it will take a loooong time to train this stuff to show, so we will do one at a time. No need to dive into something head first if there is a chance we will both hate it. Right?

I'll leave you with one last picture... Meet "Vail"




Vail is our Humane Society foster dog. She was picked up on the side of the road and since there were no open foster dogs, we took her. Shes a sweet dog. She can be adopted at http://www.steelecountyhumanesociety.com/.

Peace out!
Em

No comments: