Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July recap

I did it. I finally sat my butt at my computer and I updated this site. Woo! And don't give me grief for finally posting 4th of July pictures a whole week after the fact. You know I'm a procrastinator! This should not surprise a one of you. Now, can we get down to business??? Its like 101 degrees outside. Minnesota would be the perfect state if not for the 90% humidity all summer long. And maybe the -75 winter windchills could give it a rest too... Oh, wait, thats not what you are here for. You're right, I'm not a weather man. Okay.

Can I just start out by pointing out that I do not kid when I talk about my hippy sister. She's a hippy. A hippy, folks. Do not call me a lier. Just take a look for yourself.



That's a hippy if I ever saw one.

"But Emmy, dont you think Tess will be mad at you for posting pictures of her on your website without her permission?"

No. This girl waived those rights by being born 3 years after moi. I came first. She came second. And I never let her forget it.

Naw.. I love her. Doesnt she look so pretty?! And in all honesty, since I am all about keepin' it real around here, she actually told me to sit my butt down at this computer and get the 4th of July pictures posted. So she has no room to crab. Love you, sistah!

Following the town street dance the evening before, and considering my glorious hangover, we all decided to head down to the central park to join in the festivities and see the parade. We first enjoyed some Pronto Pups. Who doesnt love a good foot long Pronto Pup doused in ketchup and mustard? Tell me who!

Sister Tess certainly has nothing negative to say about these amazing grease coated dogs.

In the picture above Tess and her dog, I would like to affectionately point out the Cool Delicious Malts stand in the background. Ohhhh how I love that stand. I love dairy, I love cheese, I love milk, I love malts, and I love cheese. I love everything dairy, especially ice cream. But especially I love cheese.

The crowd was thick.. Everybody in town shows up for at least one pronto pup and cheese curd.

What in God's name is this mess?



I eyed the stuff for a while... A little unsure. But my ever lovin' affection for cheese won over, as always, and I sampled the concoction. It wasnt bad. Curly fries and beef and cheese. Oh heavenly cheeeeese....

Tess loves cheese too... Look, I'll prove it

And Red, well... You know I think he gets his share of amusement out of watching Tess and I converse. Tess and I talk in code. And while I made that up and its not really code, listening to Tess and I talk to each other is probably a little mind numbing for the average person. But I wouldnt know because I'm not average. I'm special. Wait....

On to the parade. Our town holds one of the largest Independance Day parades in southern Minnesota. And I'm proud of that, considering that the town itself consists of like 1500 people.

Let me start this parade segment with the brave men and woman who work day and night to serve and protect.


If you know me based on this website alone, than you are not yet aware of my passion for horses. You arent aware that nearly every scar and bruise and broken bone on my body has come from these giant equine animals. Those of you who do know me are going to roll your eyes and shake your head when you think back to the horse run. When I used to run around like a horse, thinking I was a horse. Now, reflect on this site, which is canine devoted, and you think about that statement. I love horse more than I love dogs. Oh yeah. Which is why the mounted posse gets first in line in Em's Parade lineup.

Next, fireman! I love fireman. But I hope they never have to visit my house.

With my horse background, my mentor, Tami, made certain us girls could drive a tractor with a shit spreader behind it. And the tractor I learned on was her old Alice, just like this one. Well, not just like it. This one is much shinier than the Alice I learned on. But just as reliable..



I love this little semi thing. Its like smaller than a golf cart... That kid looks huge in it.



And on the walk home, we saw that one of our dear neighbors had a tree that had been hit by lightening during one of the recent storms...

Tess was awed...

It still even smelled like burning wood. And Tess, being a hippy, hugged the tree. Okay no I dont think she actually hugged the tree. But probably she thought about hugging it. Right? No? But thats what hippies do, right? Hug trees? No? Well what do they do then, huh smarty pants?

Happy 4th of July everybody!
Love Em

No comments: