Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Red Hair

I haven't forgotten about ya'll. Promise. I finally managed to get away from my house for more than a few hours! And not to work, but to play!

This weekend was Red's annual family camping trip, and since this is now my 5th year going, its like the biggest summer thing I look forward to. Even more than the fair, yes. Red has got a wonderful family and I feel blessed that they will soon be my own family. Not to say my own family isnt wonderful too... I think my family is the best on the planet. And we have a lot of fun when we get together. But my family doesnt have annual camping trips, or any kind of annual thing. Its too hard because we all live so scattered around the country.

The irony in being a part of this trip is this: Reds cousin, Kara, was my best friend growing up. So you see, Red's family deemed me as theirs long before Red and I ever met. It's a family full of red heads, and while I've always claimed to have no attraction to red heads, clearly I've been lying to myself my whole life. I was always envious of Kara's long red hair. I've only realized this recently. Now I'm surrounded by red hair, including my own animals, and based on the dominence of the different hair colors and genetics, it looks as though my children will also have red hair.
I'm doomed to future full of sunscreen and sunburns and freckles. But you know what? It doesnt scare me nearly as much as it once did. Red seemed to grow up just fine. :o)

My long weekend was much needed and I loved spending it with my future family. I couldnt ask for better inlaws.

And this is why I havent posted anything since the 26th. I promise tomorrow I will post pictures from the weekend. Promise!!!

Love Em

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.