Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wisconson

It's beautiful. I never realized. I've only been there a few times, most of which I don't remember. I know I went like 5 years ago to Madison for a wedding, but haven't looked back since.

Last weekend we went to Lake Wissota State Park with some friends... We went specifically because of the northern feel that it was supposed to have. I was skeptical, as usual. But they were right... It was pine trees and lakes galore!



This shot taken from the outlook point was actually on the way out. The clouds and gloomy feel of the day don't help the shot out much, but it was really quite beautiful in person. And imagine adding another 3 pictures this size to the right of that photo and you have the entire lake.


This is one of my favorite shots.



It reminds me of a story book or something from my childhood. I wish we could have spent more time here. But this, also, was taken on the way out.

We had quite the crowd with us this trip. Enough so that we'd had enough people to play drunk kickball. Don't try this at home, folks. It's dangerous play is what it is!



The rules were: You had to have a beer in your hand at all times to play. And you had to kick the ball with your non-dominent leg. And you had to run the bases the wrong way around, ie; run to 3rd base first. It was tough. Not to mention once you put alcohol in people and make them remember all those rules...


Once it was too dark to play safely, since of course, safety was our first priority that day, of course, we all retired to dinner and then live music around the fire. Live music, courtesy of Eddie Mac. Woohoo! Please don't question me, but since I met these folks, everytime I say Eddie Mac, I have to follow it up with a loud whooping sound. Woohoo!!! Because I love them. I adore them. Their music... Well let us just say that I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time. I had beer come out of my nose at one point.

\

I guess I figured that when Kronic there whipped out his guitar, and Chris picked up his bongos, that we were in for a little good but amatuer music. I was wrong. Dead wrong. These boys were incredible. So I sang along and made an ass of myself throughout the concert... Then at the end, nieve little me goes "You guys are so good! You should totally do this in front of an audience!"
Keep in mind I'd been drinking. After I say that, everybody kind of looks at each other and goes quiet. Apparently, they do do this for audiences. But nobody remembered the next day. Ha!
If you all would like to get a taste of Eddie Mac, and I highly recommend you do, there is a link on the main page that will pull up their website with music and video clips!


The campfire was beautiful, and big, and the large group of people gathered around it made it a time to remember. This was one of those trips that you look back on in the future and it makes you smile.



It's hard to take a good photo of a fire. But I finally did it! Woo!

I learned a few new rules to the favorite card game 'P&A'. Seems there are different rules everywhere you go. And always a smart ass trying to get his face in the camera.



Oh... wait... That's Red. I love you honey!

We did spend much time on the lake. The boys all brought along their boats. Red brought the fishing boat. And Jake and Chris brought two of the most gorgeous sail boats I've ever seen. Mostly because I haven't actually seen a real sail boat close up in real life. But still... It was cool to touch one and be right next to it. The beauty is quite intimidating to a first timer!



These were both racing sail boats apparently. And I got the warning that they are quite suseptible to tipping. So Em didn't do any sailing this trip. I stayed in the boat with Red.

Jake and Jordon manning Jake's beauty.



Lake Wissota has many little channels and curves. All of which are very beautiful. You couldn't possibly explore them all in a year.



Can anybody tell me what this flower is by the way? There were fields of them!


If you ever have the chance... Visit this place.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place!! My friends and I have decided to take a stab at playing drunk kickball, what an awesome way to play!! Thanks Emm!!

Chrissy (cutiepiez)