Friday, December 19, 2008

It Done Up n' Snowed

Yip. Yep. Yup.

We awoke this morning to many new inches of snow. I wanted to get some photos of it for you. So I threw on my boots, tucked my soaking wet hair into a ponytail, grabbed my camera and opened the door.

And was confronted with this.



A drift, shoved up against the door.

And the door itself, coated with snow.



Man! I'm gonna hafta (heehee, gonna hafta) shovel now before I can go outside with wet hair and pajamas to take pictures.

REEEEEEEEEEED! Red shoveled for me.

And then I discovered that I dont know how to photograph snow properly.




Can anybody advise me in how to photograph snow, whilst its still snowing? My poor camera was so confused.

"Do I focus on that drift over there?
Or that drift over there?
Or the snowflake that is 5 inches from me?
Or the snowflake that is 4 feet out?
Crap she's getting ready to hit my button!
Quick! Focus on something! Anything!"



The dogs didnt know what to do with the snow. They couldnt hardly hop through it enough to find a good spot to pee.



4 more months of this crap... Ah, I mean... I love the snow. I love Minnesota, and it's winters.

T.G.I.F.

3 comments:

Hohni said...

Your door picture looks exactly like mine. I think we got 8" of snow. Had to have the good ol' neighbor bring over his tractor with blower and skidloader to get us out today. Oh yeah, can it get any worse..YES it can, TTW now needs a new motor in his blazer also!!! What to do!!!!

Train Wreck said...

BRRRRrrrr. We had snow now we have MUD! I love all you pictures! haha. What no snow angels, c'mon I would make a mud Angel for you! No, NO, I wouldn't never mind.

Hohni said...

Yeah, he's without a vehicle for a LONG TIME!!!!! Time to catch rides with the buddies!!! How am I supposed to get down what little Christmas shopping I can do, when the freaking weather won't cooperate!!! Off to watch Don't forget the Lyrics! Good night!!!