Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sleeping Kitty

Did ya'll know that cats love to sleep?

Syl spends 80% of his day sleeping. 10% of his day pottying. And the remaining 10% is spent begging for food. (Eating doesnt get a percentage point because he woofs up his kibble so fast, it doesnt even show up on the radar) Chubby Syl is convinced that we are starving him. And I assigned 80% of his day to sleeping because of
this.

Have you ever watched a cat sleep?

I have.


I've never considered a sleeping cat a great subject for photography.
I mean, it's not like he's moving or juggling or doing anything interesting.


But then I got in a little bit closer.


There are so many different, interesting angles to take on an unsuspecting sleeping feline.



He looks so comfy. I wonder if cats dream.



Just look at his long, white whiskers.

And oh my, what big lips you have, kitteh.

And his little, oddly colored nose.



Ohhhh and his sweet little paws. Yup, 4 little kitty fingers. Just like there should be.

Oh crap. He's awake. Everybody hide!


Distract him with the string!



Awe, see? Back to sleep, kitteh...

11 comments:

Hohni said...

Morning!!! Soon enough I will have the digital camera dilema all figured out and I will have to post pics of the newest addition that we brought into the house. He's ADORABLE!!! For a couple that couldn't stand cats years ago, we have come full circle!!!! Snowing down my way...

Hohni said...

Snoopers is on my page now. Tiah took the pic yesterday.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

FIRST OF ALL..you are freakin hysterical!! I don't even like cats and you had me LOL!!

And secondly, I find it equally hysterical that you came over to my blog looking for cute wiener dogs and found my Morbid Monday spider post!!!

Hee hee!! :)

Love it!!

Hallie

Hohni said...

Hey...Where the heck ya been. Check out my blog, I added music. Thanks to Wonderful World of Weiners....Pretty Cool. Now just to think of all the songs I like.

Hohni said...

She's giving away Photoshop!!!
We've got to win that and share it!!!!

Hohni said...

I LOVE the new website for the poochs!!! It's way cool!!!

Hohni said...

You alive over that way???

Hohni said...

Are these the yellow lab puppies from the gal you work with?

Hohni said...

Does Josh know yet? What are you going to do with 4 puppies?
WOMAN!!!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hey Emmyredneck (hope I got that correct)! Are you snowed in this fine Sunday in Minnesota? I do not run onto Minnesota bloggers very often.. I loved your series of sleeping kitty photographs! Really cute and funny too!
Nice to meet you! Connie

Train Wreck said...

I love all your cat nap photos! I was cracking up. Where are you btw? Are you a frozen popsicle? Let me know if I need to call out the firemen?