Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ice, Snow, Sleet, Wind, Fog, Lightening & Thunder

All in one day. No no, all in one hour. Sick, right?
I drove into work today. It was a fine morning. The office was buzzing with concerns over the storm, which seemed to be missing us.
Oh, but we were wrong. So wrong. It was too late by the time I started out, leaving work early and heading home.
I made the mistake of driving through town first. Totally a dumb idea. People still haven't learned to drive in whiteout conditions, even though we have been battling through it for the part 4 months.
Made it to the highway that would take me home. Started with whiteout, moved onto slushy snow, onto sleet and ice, back to snow, back to a mix. My windshield wipers froze. Then my windshield froze. It's not like I could see the road with a cleared window, so it really didnt matter that I couldnt see through it. I had to sing to remind myself to keep breathing. Then all of a sudden my blurry, white snow bubble turned a magnificent shade of purple. Then the roaring thunder followed.
I came to a stretch of road crossing a long bridge, and for a moment it was so beautiful. Maybe it was fear that made it so pretty to me. But then I snapped back out of it with a second snap of lightening.

Winter's back. Again.



Only a few more weeks for you to reign supreme, Ole Man Winter. Then Spring is kicking your butt out of here.


No comments: