Saturday, February 21, 2009

Roses, Testicles & Winter.. Oh my!

Don't run away... I was only kidding! No, I wasn't kidding. These are the true subjects of today's musings.

I mean that is the name of the blog, right? So I don't have to feel guilty about not having any one fun subject to jabber on about. I can muse about whatever I choose.

Hey that rhymes.

Red got me flowers to Valentine's day. I love yellow roses. Red or pink roses are so cliche anyways. Even though I told him that we weren't getting each other anything for the day.

Red didn't listen.



And thus I am stuck with these beautiful flowers. Not that I'm complaining. It's certainly not a hardship to be given pretty flowers by a handsome, rugged man, is it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Luke has stopped seeing ghosts for the time being. I'm pretty happy about it. Red was away last night and Luke was at the vet's being neutered. I was a little nervous about being alone without my guard dog. But nobody shone spotlights into the door windows (did I mention that happened recently? Twice!) I didn't hear any funky sounds. I never once jumped 10ft into the air after being startled by a noise. Nope, it was quiet (except for the howling wind) and I slept just fine.

And Luke, well... He had his testicles chopped off less than 24 hours ago and this is how he looks this morning.



Just as chipper and Lab happy as he could be. So I can't complain.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Ole Man Winter is back. And back with vengence. The 1-3" that we were to have gotten turned into 5-6" and still counting. I am missing the pet expo because the roads are so bad. And it takes some bad roads to keep me from a whole expo centered around my favorite subject in the world: Animals.

Anybody feel like shoveling my sidewalks? Anybody? No takers??

Alright, I understand. I'm off to shovel.

1 comment:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Ooooooo Yellow Roses are my favorite too!!!!
Glad no ghosts were spooking you! We have one (I think only one) here and it's 'friendly'!