Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Ball is Not a Ball...

We've had this ball.

Okay, not a ball ball.. But like a round dog toy.

But not as much a round dog toy as it is a... Well its a ball okay!


It's a dog ball. Its this home made dog toy that's actually held up nicely over the years.

It was given to us by a family who sponsored some of our rescue dogs for Christmas.

And the family who adopted the dog it was given to, well, they declined to take it with them.



Most dogs actually dont even take much interest in the thing. And I figured if one did, it couldnt be that hard to recreate it with some more material, right?

Sure. So I wont cross that bridge until the time comes.

At least thats what I thought.

Yup, its held up nicely to the busy jaws of many foster dogs.

Then the Aussie found it.


Its since lost its spheratic shapeliness.

And the green strings that held it together.




Man, she looks a little crazy. A little nutso.


But apparently she was really just seeing it for what it was...


A scarf.



Or a shawl! Perfect for these brisk winter months.

Oh, and a tug toy!




My Aussie is all about the recycling...


5 comments:

Carrie's Minnesota-nICE said...

It looks like your Aussie is having lots of fun! So cute:) Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments. I enjoyed seeing the pics of all the cute dogs on your blog. Happy (early) Thanksgiving!

Staci said...

LOL! I've bought one of those for Chloe and she did the exact same thing. She looked like she thought it was the MOST FUN THING EVER! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

LOL.. gotta love that Aussie

Hohni said...

Morning Chicky Pooh!! Hope you are feeling better. I'll be thinking of ya while I enjoy my time off from work...LOL!!!!!

Hohni said...

So...Lets see...outta bed at 8:30ish, shower, on our way to town to eat breakfast and do some shopping in the antique stores. Grabbed the carper cleaner from the hardware store, did our bedroom and the "green" room. (only two rooms that have carpet besides the kids bedroom, was not going to haul that thing up the stairs.) Made chips and dip for supper, now going to sprawl out on the couch to catch a coupel fo zzzssss before heading to bed. LOL!!! Oh yeah, stopped in some itty, bitty, teeny, town and had some drinks at 11:30. My, My, My having a week off is rough work I tell ya!!!