Friday, November 7, 2008

I Love Winter

Okay, I'm half lying there. I don't love winter. But I do. But I don't. When I have to drive an hour to and from work every day in the winter, I don't so much appreciate it. However, with winter comes my most favored time of the year. I love Thanksgiving. And I love Christmas. And I love New Years... And you know, these holidays wouldn't be nearly as magical if we weren't covered in snow over the course of them. The snow is the icing on the already moist, delicious, perfect holiday cake.
But when January comes, I would be happy if the snow were to leave us. Because without the holidays to keep me in good spirits, its just cold, wet snow with no particular purpose but to drive us Minnesotans crazy. If you've never met a person with real, live cabin fever, then you come visit me right around March.




But in all actuality, I really do love winter. I love living in Minnesota. And honestly, while I do love to bitch and crab about the snow, I am truly happy that it blesses me with its presence every year. I mean what better way to exercise dogs than making them flop full force through 2 foot snow drifts after a tennis ball that wont be found until spring?

This morning I stepped out side with the dogs to find myself being snowed on. So you know what the first thing I did was? I ran back inside and I grabbed my camera. There was no pretty sunrise to capture as it was quite cloudy. But I got a few quick yard shots in while the dogs pottied.

Man I love having my camera back.

Ruger was a little miffed to find the outdoor water bowl covered in.... Snow?


Ruger, my foster dog, is a baby yet and likely has never seen snow before. I had to give him a nudge with my foot this morning to get him out the door. But once he figured out that he could eat the new white stuff, he had a grand ole time making a mess of it.


The shops always look so pretty in the snow.


Man, look at that big ass snow flake that's totally trying to ruin the shot! The nerve...

Look down there, there he is again!

That's just fine. I'm going to have the dogs dig tunnels right through your cousins tonight, little snowflake.

No, I'm not crazy, folks. Its just that its Friday and I'm tired and I'd really like to go back to sleep.

If its snowing where you come from, get outside and enjoy it! There is nothing like playing outside when its warm and snowing!

Happy Friday my friends!

2 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Yikes!! Snow?? While it IS pretty...I'll give it that, but that is all! I spent enough time in heavy snow country and don't appreciate it as much now as I used to. My Sis lives in Minn.,now I'm going to have to call her tomorrow and congratulate her on SNOW's arrival!

Guillaume said...

Snow makes everything look much better. You don't have frey with snow, the night is never totally dark with snow, snow is a blessing. Being a Quebecker living in England, I terribly miss real winters (which I now see during Christmas time only), with lots of snow to go through it. This is what makes winter a beautiful season. Anyway, nice pictures, it makes me impatient for the Christmas holidays.