Monday, November 3, 2008

Rants & Apple Cheese Crisp

Mind if I vent? Too bad, because I'm gonna. Gonna? Yeah, I'm gonna.

I do not understand these people who pull out in front of me each morning, pulling out so quickly and so close to me that I am forced to slam on brakes to avoid hitting them. Then once they are 'up to speed', that 'speed' is often 5+ miles under the speed limit.


Can somebody infer, here? Please make me understand why they do this to me? Are they trying to get me fired? Are they trying to make me late? Are they trying to get into a car accident?

And how come here at work, everybody coughs, loudly, when they pass my office? Especially when I'm on the phone? Why do you people come to work sick? I know you dont want to miss hours, but then take better precautions against becoming ill. And dont bring it to work with you. I dont want whatever it is that you're coughing on me!

Why do my dogs insist on being hard to catch, only on the days that I'm running behind? Do they sense that I'm anxious and rather than be nice, they get an early morning laugh out of making me growl at them in frustration? I know they are laughing. Especially the Aussie... She smirks.

Alright, onto the pie. Well, it's not pie. But its apple crisp. And not really apple crisp, but like apple cheese crisp. I came across this evil concoction of cinnamon and cream cheese and apples via Country Girl's site. And she got it from her friend, Dlyn's site. So you folks click on Dlyns link there and you make this crisp right now!

I made this apple cheese crisp on Saturday. And it. Was. Sheer. Bliss. I made one change to her recipe by chopping my apples up much smaller, since I dont really like big apple chunks. But its all about your personal tastes. And when I took my extra large, hot hunk from the pan, I added a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a little drizzle of caramel topping. And I just about died. Not to mention that not only did it taste amazing, but for the rest of the weekend, my home smelled like a hot apple pie candle. And there is nothing like a clean house that smells of fresh apple cheese crisp. Nothing I tell you.

So go... Take this new heavenly knowledge with you and make this pan of delight as soon as you are able. Then go to Country Girls site and you thank her. And then you go to Dlyn's site and you thank her. My life has changed because of this dish. You will not regret it.

See, this apple crisp is so good that I am totally over all of the infurities that I was slapping at you about earlier. That's how delishious this apple crisp is.
Oh, and Dlyn herself was even kind enough to tell me how on earth I could find a pie dish as adorable as the one she's using. Its Fiestaware and I found a beautiful dark red one on ebay for $7. Every woman needs a good, sturdy pie dish. At least if you ask me...




1 comment:

anya said...

Really, Emily, I'm going to have to try that apple crisp. The way you described it, in such juicy detail, leaves me no choice.

Do you run a dog rescue formally? Or do you just personally rescue some dogs? My sweet soul dog was named Jake. But she isn't with me anymore. She died almost 7 years ago and I still haven't gotten over it.