Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lights, Holly & Stockings

I love decorating for Christmas.

To the point that it actually irks other people.

I love that Christmas comes early. And I agree with those who talk about it being so commercialized these days. But thats not the point for me. I like being surrounded by such calm, happy beauty.

But this year, I held off. I actually waited until the evening of Thanksgiving, just to please my man Red.

I have been making a whole weekend of it. I hate cleaning. But if it means I am also decorating for my favorite time of year, than I am all for it.



Fish on a Christmas tree? In my house, oh yes. Have none of you met Red?

I have a new little addiction.

Nutcrackers.



They come in so many shapes and sizes and colors. And how charming?
I like this guy, because he has crooked teeth.

One of my fondest childhood Christmas memories involves a large group of nutcrackers.

I also love Christmas lights. I wish they could stay up all year long.



I also love these littel candle holders.

They were my Grandmas.




And THIS is what happens when punk ass little sisters steal my camera.



My what a big mouth you have little sister!

Do you see that hair color? That is our natural hair color. I have dyed mine so many times that I could never remember.
Now I want it back. Give it back, Tess!


2 comments:

Train Wreck said...

I FOUND YOU!!! I lost you, and had to go back several posts to find you comment! Ok Now I am going to add you to my blog roll! I wanted to see if you have any more written?

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL! I doubt your sister is gonna give you back your hair…color that is!
Oh you silly Lady! I don’t ‘do’ Christmas until I have to…and that is only when Cowboy says “Hey! Aren’t we (get that? WE) having any decorations this year?”