Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I know you were expecting a rant today. It is Monday afterall. But since today is technically a holiday, I am going to take the day off from ranting. I have too much to be thankful for today to rant about much.

We camped this weekend. Because that's the American thing to do on Memorial Day weekend. That, and to remember our past veterans and soldiers.

But also, to BBQ. And boy did we BBQ.

I brought my camera. I haven't been much for taking photos lately. I don't know why that is. But I'm back, baby!






My sister lives on a lake. Lucky cracker, she gets to live right here. I'm soooo jealous.

But we slept in tents and technically, it was camping! Breakfast was cooked over a fire. And we slept in tents. And that qualifies it as camping.

I think I have a thing for Jake's sailboat.






I snapped more pictures of that thing than anything else this weekend.





Can't help it. It's a weakness. I didn't even think I liked sailboats.

Moving on.. Apparently, my camera has a thing for sunsets.



It wouldn't stop taking pictures of them.



And when I tried to shut it off, it put up a fight. Snapping pictures even if the shoreline wasn't lined up right.












Naw, I'm just kidding. My camera and I are partners.

We like taking pictures of dogs, too.







Oh my, Frankie. What big teeth you have there.

Looks like something from MonsterQuest.


No comments: