Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Rant

Subject: There is nothing worse than...

I have a bone to pick with people who say things like "There is nothing worse than finding pickles on my hamburger!" or "Boy, there is nothing worse than finding a chip in your nail polish" or some such crap like that.

You know what? I can think of a few worse things, my friend.

How about, not having a roof over your head?

Or, a loved one passing?

Or not being able to put food on the table?

Society today has taught us to speak this way. The English language has taken many wrong turns, unfortunately.

I hope think about what you are about to say before speaking.

You might hit a nerve with the wrong person.

1 comment:

Ninso said...

Getting pretty serious with these Monday Rants Em! LOL!

How about . . . there is nothing worse that when you kick a jolly ball barefooted and it rips your toenail half off! Actually, it wasn't all that bad, but I wouldn't advise it. :)