Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Randomness

I dont know what it is, but of late I've been kind of lazy with the blog. And I do apologize. I havent had much to share with you all. And I dont know, maybe I would rather not post anything at all as opposed to posting something so boring it would drive you away forever.

I told you I picked up my new foster dogs on Saturday. It never ceases to amaze me how different all of these dogs look upon arrival from the photos that I pulled them from. The photo of Bert in my last post is the photo that was sent to me by the shelter.
Here is what Bert actually looks like.



Just as handsome if not more, but definately not the purebred-ish lab I thought I was getting. Its always funny to me how they are never quite what you expect. But that's okay. If I hadnt adopted Frankie already, I would be in some serious trouble, because I dont think I could let Bert go. He's that cool of a dog. What do YOU think he is mixed with? Based on this photo, I would anticipate a lot of 'bully' answers. But hes definately not. Hes long and tall and lanky and with the exception of his ears, he has no other bully traits. If anything, hes build more like a Grayhound or something.

Roxi is a very different looking dog as well. Shes got a super long, akward looking face. And I keep forgetting that shes only 6 months old, because every time I see her giant paws I get a little freaked out.
Anybody want to take a crack at guessing her breed mix? There is no right or wrong answer. I dont even know. Just looking for a little insight.



She's not the most photogenic dog on the block. But she's quite beautiful in person.

Its minus 25 degrees here today, not including the windchill. Its going to remain freezing all through the week. I have heard through the grapevine that we havent had a day this cold since 2004. My hope is that this will be the coldest week of the year so that things can start warming back up again. But that is truely just wishful thinking. I have lived here long enough now to know that I am in for at least another 2 months of this. And you know what? I'm okay with that. I will be okay with that anyways...

I discovered that there is a perk to living a half an hour away from work. I get snow days. I was off by 11am yesterday so I could get home and beat the blizzard that never even hit. It was wonderful. I took a nap. I drank hot tea. I curled up under a blanket and watched The Devil Wears Prada. I didnt really get the movie... But it was a free movie.


I have nothing else for now. I have candy on my desk here if anybody wants any.

2 comments:

Hohni said...

I gotta find more to write about also...cold weather is getting really old!!!

Train Wreck said...

What?? Drive me away...no way I have times where I have no interesting things to write about, or no good pictures to post. I make up an award, or just catch up on all my blog friends. You are doing great, I haven't been bored here. Now for your pups.. the ears, Looks like he is maybe mixed with a shepard? The little girl, wow Collies have a long nose, but I would think her coat woud be longer. Looks like you have some of those "designer" dogs!!lol