Monday, January 19, 2009

Wedding Cake

Alright. For those of you who aren't aware, Red and I have been engaged to be married since May 12th, 2006. Yes, I said 2006. That is 2 years and 8 months and a handful of days. And we still are not married.
And it's not that we don't want to be married by now. It's just that Red is just as bad of a procrastinator as I am. And while two procrastinators don't necessarily make a wrong, they certainly don't make for a fast wedding.

So, when I discovered that Josh's cousin Matt finally proposed to his beautiful girlfriend, Diana, I decided that it was the perfect time to jump on the wagon. Diana is very organized and she knows what she wants for her perfect day. Plus, she's super sweet and is as addicted to FRIENDS as I am. Diana is going to get me married!

Yesterday, Diana invited me to a wedding expo. And I went. And I was thrown aback by all of the estrogen. And then I slipped and landed on my knee. I was off to a great start.

We're getting married this year, dammit. Watch me! So I wish I could be cool and have a page dedicated soley to wedding stuff so those of you who don't care about it can skip it. But unfortunately, I'm not that cool. So read it anyways!

We'll start with wedding cakes.



I discovered yesterday that the sky is truely the limit when it comes to wedding cakes. Flavors, colors, shapes...



Now, I gotta admit, discussing the pros and cons of different wedding cakes is a real struggle for the tomboy in me. I always figured I would be like those couples on My Big Redneck Wedding who stack up a bunch of Krispy Kreams and call it a day.



But then I visited Hy-Vee's cake booth and thought, maybe I could stack these cupcakes and call it a day. Add some of these pretty sugar flowers to them and call it a day. Serve cupcakes instead of doughnuts and call it a day.

Than I shook myself out of the sugar trance and backed away in horror. I needed to stop myself before I started admiring the pink flowers. Yikes.



But in all reality... I truely can admire the handiwork of these cake bakers. These particular cakes are creations by Sugar Chic Cakes. They were quite reasonable and offered just about any customization your little mind could create.

Are you a Disney Fairytale fan and have a thing for pretty castles?



Then let Sugar Chic make you a castle cake.



The tomboy in me decided that it would allow me to adore this cake, but only because it was brown. It has nothing to do with the bows and the pretty flowers. Absolutely nothing.

You can't prove a thing otherwise!


Then, I saw it. My cake. This has to be my cake. HAS TO BE!



I decided I won't get married without it.

3 comments:

Hohni said...

OMG!! It's perfect!!
Once again I can't email you, but I am getting yours thru just fine, not I'm not ignoring you!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG that is the perfect cake for you! Where did you go for the wedding expo? They had one up in Minneapolis on Sun too.

Hohni said...

I spent $40.10 on ebay on my fiesta ware. I bought the tangerine plate, and 3 cereal bowls. Gonna take me a while to get a set!!! I think I'm going to get different colors also, not just the orange. I think a mixed set would look awesome!!!