Wednesday, July 22, 2009

At Last

I had my camera handy when I saw something I wanted to shoot. Finally.

I woke up and let dogs outside to do their thing. And while I was standing out there, I took in the fog and the light from the sunrise and the way it bounced through the trees.

And I knew I needed my camera.

These make my front yard appear to be my own personal oasis.

Photobucket

For the past few months, dozens of construction workers have been 'working' in our front yard, ripping up the road in front of our home and causing quite a mess. Not to mention the noise that took the place of our usually peaceful neighborhood. Jackhammers and handfuls of gigantic Mack trucks milling about. The smell of diesel and asphault overcoming what used to be the smell of sweet grass and country.

But yesterday, the road was finally laid. The trucks departed. The cones were removed.

And this morning, for the first time in months...


Photobucket

...it was peaceful at last.

2 comments:

Cj said...

That looks so peaceful... small town USA... awesome..

Pony Girl said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I would love to help you if I can, although I'm truly an amateur at blog redos, I just know a few things. Email me if you have a specific question and I'll see what I can do! :)