Monday, July 20, 2009

Twilight

I have put off viewing the movie 'Twilight' for almost a year now. And not for any reason other than I just didn't think I would be into it.

Growing up, I did have a vast interest in vampires and unicorns and werewolves... It was fascinating stuff to me. I loved the movie 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', and was hooked on the cable tv show following it. In my heart, I'm a romantic and I love the bad boy and the good girl and the stories where the bad boy needs to protect the good girl for whatever reason. They are usually very thrilling stories.

**note: I was not one of those weirdos who thought that stuff actually existed. It's like Santa Clause. The its the thought of the good and the exciting that keeps it alive. But I understood that they were only spun tales**

But then older I got, the more I realized how 'unaccepted' that particular interest was. So I let it go.

When I met Red, I discovered that he was reading an Anne Rice series. I've never read her stuff, but I knew it was based on vampires and werewolves and the like. His sister seemed to have the same interest in wizards and dragons.

Anyways. Long story short, we finally saw Twilight over the weekend. I'm hooked. I wish I would have read the books first. But I'll read them eventually. I ended up watching the movie a total of three times this weekend. And I'd watch it again. I am already anticipating the next movie, New Moon. I fell in love with the characters and the music especially. It's my favorite kind of story and features romance and thrills at their best.

I promise not to turn my blog black or post vampire pictures though. Nor will I fantasize over Robert Pattinson. Some people take that stuff too far. I just liked the movie. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it!

1 comment:

Hohni said...

Morning!!! You should of read the book first. It's way better then the movie. I just started reading Breaking Dawn, the last in the series, and I'm using my lunch hours to read it. I don't think Edward is that good looking in the movie, but in the book he's got to be "most delicious". !!!! Very good series read!!!