Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Disc Dogger

As the season gears up, so does my excitement. I haven't played a real game of frisbee with my dogs in months and months.  I've been doing short jams with Frankie in the living room in preparation for this weekends pet expo.  But Kirby hasnt really even seen a frisbee since Christmas. I pulled it out for him the other day for a quick game of toss and catch and he was pretty excited about it.

Which poses the question: Does Kirby have what it takes to be a disc dog?  Does he want to be a disc dog?  Do I want him to be a disc dog?  I think the answer is yes to all of these.  I think that this past winter was well spent bonding between us and he's grown up a bit.  He has a bit more focus than he did, and his flips are developing nicely.

I am excited for the playdates to start up again so we can work on it more. Silly Kirby. My next project for him is to teach him to go around my legs before I send him out to catch a disc. I feel like once we have that, I can enter him in some novice stuff and see how he likes it. I cant wait! Its all I can think about these days!

2 comments:

Jason said...

How will you teach the around?

Emily said...

Jason~ With Frankie, I taught her in my living room... I just had her follow the disc around my legs while saying 'Go around' and eventually she caught on. I suppose I'll try that first with Kirby! If that doesnt work.. Well, I dont know yet. Lol! How's Moxie girl doing?! Any new vids yet?? :o)