Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring

Spring is in the air. The sun is shining, it's 40 degrees outside, the snow is finally melting away, flake by flake.  We're coming up on one of the best times of the year!  Sure I love summer, with it's heat and sun and fun. And I adore fall with it's crispness and sweet smells. And winter... Well I have nothing nice to say about winter at the moment. 

But spring... Spring is the best.

Yesterday, after cleaning my house, I briefly opened up the windows.  And shortly after, that 'smell' was just everywhere.  It's that super clean, super fresh smell that only occurs when you let the winter stuffiness out and the fresh, clean air from outside, in.  A freshness that can't be matched by cleaners or fans or sprays. A smell that only lasts for a couple of hours until you close the windows again.  It only happens in the early spring, which is why it's to be cherished.  It also means that the house doesn't smell like anything else.  Like dog.  Or cat.  Or fish.


There is a lot of work to be done in the up and coming weeks.  It's coming on spring cleaning time, and I can't wait.  I can't friggin wait!  I have so many ideas for our home and I am just chomping on the bit to get started.  But, I have to wait until spring.

On another note, disc dog season is gearing up again.  This weekend Frankie and I are joining the disc dog club at the Twin Cities Pet Expo where we will be performing six times.  Six times over the course of two days.  I'm scared to death.  I have to pee my pants every time I think about it.  It's a small space in front of a lot of people and it's inside and we haven't jammed in front of people since September and holy cow I'm freakin out.  Frankie is not freaking out.  Frankie remains cool and calm on the field.  She knows her job.  But I forget my job everytime I even think about stepping foot onto a field in front of people.  People who are going to watch us.  In that tiny little space.  Yowza!

Ahhhh spring.  Love spring.  I went shopping at the Wal Marts the other day and all of the gardening stuff is out.  That's a sign.  It's a reeeeeal good sign.

No comments: