Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Is In The Air

I just saw 50 degrees as a temp high later this week, and it's 40's projected for the next week and a half.
Does it really get better than that?  The temps, yes. But just the fact that we're quite possibly done with that below zero crap just elates me.

I was walking downtown Minneapolis the other day in a tshirt and yoga pants. Yes!

The Wal Marts are stocked with garden supplies and patio furniture. Easter Egg shaped Reese's are on the shelves. Spring is in the air, baby!  10 more days of winter. 4 more days until daylight savings time.  It will be light outside until after 7pm.

I'm happy.  Winter depressed me. Winter scares me. Winter makes me blue and anxious and I dont twiddle my thumbs more than I do in the winter. Spring means happiness and beautiful days.  And warmth. And outside activity.

There are areas of wet, green grass popping up around my yard. Good bye snow. You are no longer welcome here.

1 comment:

Becks May said...

It was 83 here today in Texas! Now I remember why I moved here :) Happy almost Spring Emily!