Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dane-olism

Is it really June 11th already? Holy cats! Again, no excuses for my absense, except that I just dont have anything truely interesting to write about these days! I've got the summer fever and I am spending every free second I have outside in the sun. Because guys, I live in southeastern MN and if you happen to watch the news at all, you'll know that we are in flood watches and warnings at the moment. Its been raining and storming non stop for days. Tuesday was the first day that really stayed decent all day!

On a happy note, Merc was adopted last night! Woo!! I already miss my beautiful Dane girl... It was hard this morning trying to cope without her. She was so my baby, she followed me around everywhere. And unlike my own dog, Jake, Merc would actually attempt to help me in any way she could. Ha!

But Merc was adopted by a truely wonderful family. She already had 2 stunning danes who were meticulously well behaved. It was a thrill to see that there are still people out there who take the time to train their dogs. In my rescue field, we dont see it often. This woman has quite the head turning trio now! I'm so jealous! I tried talking her into trading her female dane for Merc, but alas, I am Dane-less now. Oh well... :o) I still have Diesel... (Oh boy) But even he has ditched me for the vet for the next couple of days.

Mac was quite lonely without his buddy, Merc. But hes going to have to make due with me and my crazy pets for company until he finds his forever home.

I see dark clouds surrounding my place of employment and its making me a bit nervous. We havent played volleyball in nearly a month now with all the storms cancelling our games every week. For those of you who dont know me, I live for volleyball. I get through the winter because I know that once I do, volleyball league will start up again. Rain rain go away!
Stay tuned for a new name that photo contest later this week! And the prize is going to be amazing! So come on folks! Participate this time!

I'm off to mope about not having any Danes at home. I'm not kidding, once you have experienced them and gotten to be loved by one, you just cant live without them. Its like alcoholism or drug addiction. This is Dane-olism. Its an addiction. Dont believe me? Go borrow your neighbors Dane for a day (with their permission, folks) and see it you can let them go at the end of the day. Not going to happen.

Halfway through the week!
Love Em

No comments: