Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Loaded Mashed Potatos

Loaded Mashed Potatos

Okay, I gotta first say, if you are trying to stick to a Weight Watchers program or something, this recipe will throw you off the charts. Promise. Especially if you are on that pesky Points plan... This recipe has like 2 days worth of points all wrapped up into one little spoonful. I dont know that for fact, but I can tell you its close... If I were on a diet (which I am) I would still totally chow on these potatos. You only live once, right? Hey, I'm just trying to keep it real.

Supplies:

~2 sticks of butter (yeah thats what I said, butter... Dont be afraid)
~10 medium sized baking potatos
~2 cups shredded chedder cheese (or whatever kind of cheese floats your boat)
~1 heaping cup Sour Cream
~1/2 cup real Bacon bits (not the hard, salad kind either. I'm talking the soft kind.. Or you could be efficient and just make some bacon up yourself and tear it into pieces)

Bake the potatos on a cookie sheet for about an hour at 400 degrees. While they are baking, cut the sticks of butter into pats (just slice them about 10x) Throw all of the other ingredients into a giant mixing bowl (and I do mean giant). When the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven, and throw 2 of them into the bowl (careful, they are HOT!) And yes, leave the skins on! If you have a problem with potato skins, by all means, peel them. But dont be a wuss like that. The baked skin gives the final product wonderful flavor and texture! Now grab your handy, dandy potato masher, and start mashing them into the other stuff you threw in earlier. Then grab two more, and continue this process until its all mashed and stirred together. Its important to mash the potatos while they are still hot. This melts and blends everything and just makes it easier. Believe me, I know. Its an aweful pain in the rear if you let them cool.
Now, grab a giant spoon (and yes, I do mean giant!) and plop a heaping giant spoonful of this heavenly dish into a bowl, and sprinkle some extra cheese onto it... And go get a second helping because you want to get as much as you can because once someone else gets a taste of this stuff, it will be gone before you can blink.

No comments: