Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Puppies!

Oh, do I have but the most exciting news!

Okay, well, its not THAT exciting in the light of day when you put the magnifying glass on the nitty gritty, and it certainly wont be exciting when I have to tell Red. Red doesn know yet. But he will once he gets a load of his woman's blog entry today!

Oh, you want met to get to the point already? Fine! You people have no patience. You should really work on that. I'm only human...

We have more new additions to our foster family. And yes, you might recall me once posting that we were taking a break. And we are. Sort of. And you might recall my once announcing Red's dislike for puppies. He loves puppies, as in... puppies who are walking down the street with OTHER people. Puppies who dont reside in our home. Puppies who eat and cry and pooh 14x a day in other peoples houses. Those are the kind of puppies that Red can appreciate.
Soooo... Red might be a bit touchy about the fact that Cj and I just pulled eight puppies from a kill shelter. Yup, you heard me. Eight. As in 4 + 4. Eight. As in 4 x 2. Eight as in 8 x 1. Eight (8) Half of 16 puppies. But there is good news to this terrible story. Oh, I realize saving 8 puppy lives isnt horrible. But 8 puppies coming into Red's life is pretty horrible. That would be almost worse than telling him that fishing season is OVER. But dont worry honey... its not. And only 1 puppy is coming to our house. The other seven (7) will be residing with the ever so eager Cj. Bless you Cj! Cj loves puppies. Because they are the only dogs that she is guarenteed not to fall in love with. See, its a big problem for me when foster families fall in love with their foster dogs. Because then they end up adopting their foster dogs. And then I am out one more foster family because that previous but now adopted foster dog took up the only dog room in the house. Whew.

But thats not going to happen again, is it Cj? Is it! Didnt think so..

Okay, stop shouting at me. Stop threatening to close out of the blog. Here are pictures of the puppies already.

First, the pup that I am hopefully keeping. Because i love him already. Meet Doc.


Is he not the sweetest looking puppy you've ever seen?!?! I want him because I'm already in love with his sweet little face. And I am going to go and ask Red right now if I can keep him. Oh wait... Red just bolted out the door. Okay, later then.Anyways... Doc is a Basset Hound mix puppy. Dont ask me what he is mixed with, I dont know. He also has 3 other siblings. Garth, Cooter and Elrod.
See?


But, Emmie, I thought you said there were eight (8)!?! I only see four!
Well, prepare for oogles of cuteness. The eight comes from 2 litters, each made up of 4 pups. The second litter are four 8week old black lab puppies. Meet Rupert, Clyde, Cletus and Shasta.
See?


Okay, bask in the cuteness for a while. I chugged my Mountain Dew too quickly, and so I'm going to go take a nap, but really, I am using the sugars to chase down Red and force Basset puppies on him.

Love Em.

No comments: