Sunday, June 1, 2008

Doggy MMA

Well happy June everybody. I know summer doesnt begin until the 21st, but for me, June 1st is always the kickoff for summer. Especially when its on a weekend!! Wooo!!
The dogs can sense my excitement I think because they are really having a hay day in the house this morning. Maggie the German Shorthair went to her new home yesterday. And Vail, the HS dog, was adopted yesterday during their 1st annual "Who Let the Dogs Out?" event. So now its just Merc and Mac fostering here with me at the moment. And let me tell you, these two know how to whoop it up.

Well, see for yourself. But first, let me make it clear, I do NOT in any way condone or support real dog fighting. And while these two can look vicious at times, they are only playing with each other. Each came out of the fake brawl unscathed...

First, the staredown...


Merc's icey blue eyes are enough to make anybody turn and hightail it in the other direction. Plus, you know, shes like 85lbs and growing steadily every day. I wouldnt want to fight this girl. But Mac?? Two hot stick blue eyes arent enough to throw him...

Their eyes meet... This is a scary moment for me.


Mac is also closing in on 70lbs... Big dogs.

And they're up! Oh boy...


Mac: You wanna go you jolly green giant? (This was my nickname in school. Its okay, I'm over it.)
Merc: It's on you bag of Husky scum!

Mac starts off in the lead... Probably going for a triangle...


Oh! But Merc slams him to the ground!


Merc is recovering!!

But she gets flipped! Mac looks like he's about had it with her rookie Dane grapling style. He's about to pounce...



He's got her in a guard! Merc's gotta get out of there if she stands a chance!

Mac moves in for the kill shot...


It's all over for Merc!


And Merc is out cold!!!


Such athletes...

But in all reality, dog fighting is bad. Don't support it. These two are good buds in real life... And they are great for wearing each other down. Tired dogs are good dogs ya know.


Peace out my homies!
Just kidding. Dont know where that came from. I havent said 'homies' since the 7th grade.

Love Em

No comments: