Friday, October 3, 2008

Why Red doesnt let me rent movies anymore...

I'm a proud member of Netflix.


I'm one of 'those' people who can't seem to return a movie on time, so Netflix seemed like a good solution for the dollars I was spending in late fees every month.

Originally we rented from Hollywood Video. $4 per movie, but you got to keep them for 5 days. That was reasonable to me, considering that the previous grocery store I used to rent from would let me keep them until 7pm the following day, which I swear they must have known that that would be impossible for me, then charge me 99 cents every single day it was late. So in reality, I would be saving $1 per movie...

Well, a couple of years ago, we moved away from Hollywood Video, and around the same time, they went bankrupt anyways and left town. We were stuck. Then I discovered Netflix.

About 2 months ago, I requested 3 movies from my Netflix account. I received them... And I still havent sent them back. And you know what? They dont care! But, because I havent returned them, that means I havent gotten new ones to replace them. (Yikes) So about 10 days ago, we rented 2 movies from our local grocery store. We watched one of them. And then I forgot about them. And forgot about them. And continued forgetting about them. Until yesterday. We get a phone call, they want their movies back. What movies? I say. Oh.. Those movies. I still hadnt watched the other one.

I returned them last night and said I would pay the fines right away. You wanna know how much those fines were? Huh? You wanna??!! No, you dont wanna. Let's just say...

We could have bought those movies for less than I had to pay per movie in fines. And I didnt even get to watch one of them!

And this is why... Red doesnt let me rent movies anymore. If you are anything like I am when it comes to movies, can I highly recommend you check out http://www.netflix.com/. It will save you lotsa moolahs.

Happy Friday, folks!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL.. I am just about as good at returning movies and that is why we also belong to netflix!..lol.