Monday, August 17, 2009

Shock & Alarm

During my lunch break today, I had to run some errands. One of them was a trip to Fleet Farm to pick up a pot and cat food. A pot, because ours miraculously disappeared while I was away in Colorado, and cat food because foster dog Kirby decided to eat the rest of Syl's food. Luckily, there was only about 2 days worth of food left, otherwise I might have a sick foster dog today.

Anyways. I walked into Fleet Farm and shock hit me first. Alarm was second.

The school stuff came out a few weeks ago. So the sight of that didn't bother me. I understand that school starts up again in the next couple of weeks so it was necessary.

Is it necessary, however, to begin displaying fall stuff? Like those orange and tan scarecrow things on the stake that you put in your front yard?

Okay, I can maybe do with the fall stuff. However, what hit me hardest was the site of Christmas decorations. Red Christmas bows, Christmas lights, wrapping paper, etc.
Christmas is really only 4 months away. But I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer yet! Noooooo! You can't take it away from me! Technically, summer has another 5 weeks to go. It's not even a 3rd of the way over with and we're already pulling out the holiday stuff?

What gives?

4 comments:

Ninso said...

I know, it's terrible! I remember how disappointed I was two years ago at the end of July when I spent the entire summer studying for the bar and then walked out of the test on July 29th, ready to start my summer with a trip to the mall, only to find that according to the mall, summer was OVER!!!

Ninso said...

Oh, and I beg to differ with your new little side-bar quote. It is best for all involved if I do NOT dance!!

Emily said...

Yes! Dancing is good for the soul, T! And if you think about it, I mean when you go out do you really judge people who are dancing? I'm usually too focused on not looking stupid myself! Lol! DANCE!

Yeah, I was a little shocked about the whole holiday stuff coming out already. I am NOT ready to let go of summer yet! No way! And it was like 55 degrees this morning. SICK!

Ninso said...

No, I don't judge people dancing (well, okay, sometimes, if they look ridiculous), but I'm sure they judge me! Trust me on this one . . .