Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall

Today is the first day of fall. Happy Fall! I don't know how I feel about it. Fall signals the end of summer. Fall also signals that winter isn't far behind. But fall also brings beauty and that lovely coolness. As a sweatshirt and jeans person, I have to say that I love the fall coolness.
Add Image
I'm quite an emotional person. I go out of my way to do things that make me happy, and I go out of my way to avoid things that make me feel sad or depressed. I try to surround myself with warm, caring, friendly people, and avoid people and situations that make me uncomfortable. Social anxiety disorder, anybody?

Decorating for the holidays makes me happy. I want to decorate now. After all, the stores already have Christmas stuff out and on display! But I am trying very hard to wait until the first weekend in October to start my decorating. For Red's sake. I plan on going all out this year. I want pumpkins and fall wreaths and one of those sweet scarecrow guys on a stake in the front yard. Because that's what makes me happy. And if I have to accept fall's arrival, than I have to make the best of it.

I think I've had a mild case of the stomach flu or something for the past week. I haven't felt myself and I'm noticably ill. But not so bad that I can't function or go about my normal day. I think I have developed allergies over the last couple of years.

Our disc doggin season has ended as of this past weekend. And it bums me out quite a bit. There are a couple more comps hosted by other clubs that we will try to attend, but then that's it until spring. I thought that I was looking forward to the end of the season. I have a new dog that I need the off time to work on, and I have new stuff to work on with Frankie that I just couldn't really do with comps every other weekend. The off season is the time to work on yourself and your handling of the disc. But, I'm just not ready for it to end. Or maybe it's just that I'm not ready to say goodbye to the club for 4-5 months. Last year, it wasn't such a big deal. I joined long after the end of last season and I didn't really know anybody. I met some of them at a late fall playdate and didnt see anybody again until March. But now I've spent nearly the entire summer with these people and these dogs and they have come to mean a great deal to me. The thought of having to say goodbye until spring frightens me. We'll be able to communicate daily via the forum, but it's not the same. I guess it will make me appreciate them all the more when I see them again in the spring, right?

Kirby and I start obedience class on Thursday. I am looking forward to it! Kirby is young and demonstrates his lack of... life knowledge... daily. He needs socialization and training. But he's coming along. Jake and Frankie were both trained using correctional methods. With Kirby, since I've finally seen the light, we are going to try positive/clicker training. It will be a tough transition for me, since it's not what I'm used to. But I think it will be good for all of my dogs.

That's all I have for now. I'll leave you with a photo full of dogs.



2 comments:

Cj said...

Fall is a hard one for me this year, it signals the end..I am having a hard time with losing Frank and for some reason Fall feels wrong.. maybe the impending holidays and mine and his birthday I dunno.. but fall can also mean the new beginnings will be coming..and it is full of beauty if you open your mind and eyes to it.

Let it Shine said...

HI!

You have some gorgeous pics on your blog!!
I just realized I never answered your question about painting cabinets
(http://let--it--shine.blogspot.com/2009/09/painted-formica-counter-tops-part-deux.html#comments)
Send me your email, or email me at let--it--shine@hotmail.com if you still want to give it a try. Again, so sorry, I have a little one and am having a hard time staying organized lately.....

Hope you feel better.
Take care,
Alyshia

Take care,
Alyshia