Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's September??

Today is September the first. I'm still young enough that 'summer' is justified by months, rather than by equinox's and such. And the child side of me is saying that summer consists of June-July-August, which means that summer ended today.

Even though summer technically gets another three weeks or so.

I was at the grocery store on Sunday. You know when you're standing in line at the checkout and there are always racks of magazines there? One of them had jack-o-lanterns on the cover.

Now, I am a crazy holiday decorator and I love to pull out the holiday decoration bins as much as the next guy. But c'mon people. If we start decorating, then that means that winter will soon be upon us. And winter means stress for me. I heart winter, honestly I do. And I would take it all year around, but only if I didn't have to drive in it. And I do have to drive in it. I live a half an hour away from work, so that means that I have an hour of highway winter driving every day. Which really stretches my limits in the stress department.

I mean, really?



December, January, February and March at the worst for me. I dread it when they come around.

But... today, the sun is out and everything is still green. And most importantly, the roads are dry. And that constitutes a good day for me.

I still can't believe it's September, though.

1 comment:

wildfire said...

you can always come and "winter" here in arizona with me!!!! No snow here! Love ya! Jo