Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Today is the 3rd Friday the 13th this year.  I am superstitious.  Or maybe that's just my anxiety talking.  But I do not have a fear of this day.  Nor do I have a fear of the number 13.  In fact, regardless of how I felt on the first Friday the 13th this year, 13 is my favorite number. It's the number I choose when I have to choose a number.

Triskaidekaphobia: A fear of the number 13. 
Paraskavedekatriaphobia: A fear of Friday the 13th.

I have neither.  But I am superstitious enough to wonder if it really does affect things.  But I don't actually have a fear.  Which is odd, considering everything else scares the daylights out of me. 
All Friday the 13th means to me is that it's Friday and not Monday.  I dread Mondays a whole lot more than I dread Fridays with the number 13!

Happy Friday everybody!

No comments: