Thursday, November 5, 2009

Up North

The weekend before Halloween, Red and I decided to take a little vacation.  What better place to go than 'up north'?  So we packed the truck and took off.  I actually forgot to bring my camera...  I'll give you a second to absorb the shock of that statement. 

.......

Yeah, I really forgot it.  But luckily, my man is a thinker and remembered to bring his.  So with that, I will share some photos from our weekend away.


I really love this photo of Red and I.  We're all bundled up and ready to hike!


Maggie the Magnificent facing off with Lake Mille Lacs.  She's fearless.  She got to join us for this trip.  The other 3 didn't because this place had a pet limit of 30lbs. 


The foliage was beautiful, just turning colors.  It was nice to see, because down here in southern MN, things went from green to brown in a matter of weeks.


The drive was absolutely gorgeous.  Well, that's not true.  Here, once we arrived, it was gorgeous.  The drive itself?  Well it was raining and the temp was hoovering around 33 degrees and Red was driving and we were in the middle of Friday morning city traffic.  I was a ball of nerves until about a half an hour from our destination.  This is why people don't like road trips with me.



Don't tell anybody, but I think Red and Maggie are in love.  He cannot get enough of this little dog. But I didn't say a word.


Trying my hand at some black and white.


So there is a small glimpse into our lovely weekend away.  It was beautiful.  But I missed my dogs immediately.  And I was homesick.  I like being home.

1 comment:

Hohni said...

Hey...I can't remember your email and I'm at home...check this out....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400083688813&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

email me back at home...
dhweringa@wctatel.net