Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Great Dane?

Yes!!

But not for me. I know... Shucksdarn.

You heard me. I said shucksdarn.

I got to transport a rescued Great Dane today!




Her name is Lucy. Shes a beautiful, smaller sized Great Dane. Smaller for the breed, but not small by any means!

This poor baby was almost shot in a field by her owners because they simply didnt want her anymore. But luckily, the Dane Rescue stepped up and lined up a multiple state transport to get her to safety. She is now in her loving new foster home where she will put on some pounds before she finds her new forever home.




This beautiful baby did not deserve the fate that she almost met.

And it was an honor to be apart of her rescue. Even if I was just a driver.

Lucky for Red, I wasn't able to bring this tall drink of water home with me today. She already has a foster home waiting for her. But that didnt mean I didnt get to have a little fun with Red today, getting him worked up by telling him that my plans for today were to go get a Great Dane in Iowa. He didnt have to know right away that she wasnt coming home with me. It was fun watching him squirm at the thought of yet another Dane entering our home.

Hey, a girl's gotta have her fun.


No comments: