Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Tikka & The Chevy

This past weekend, we went out to a friend's farm and had some good old fashioned country fun. You will recall Red buying me a rifle for Christmas. I still hadn't shot it and I was sick and tired of waiting. Dave had put the new scope on and so we decided it was the perfect day to get it sighted in.



I love it. I knew it was perfect for me when I first held it. But now that I've shot it, and shot it well, I know that it was made for me.



The target I was aiming for was 100 yards down the way there. We only sighted in 50 and 100 yards. I am told that we get to go another 300 yards into the field when there isn't so much wind and sight in 200, 300 and 400 yards. Yikes.

Tyler stopped by with his truck. Many of you don't know this about me, but I used to be a huge automobile person. Old cars and trucks fascinated me. I even went to school briefly as an auto tech. But it didn't stick. Still, when he pulled up with this beauty, I couldn't help but revert back to my teenage self.


Add Image



I'm not even a Chevy person. And given a choice of the two, I would choose the big, silver Ford next to it. But that doesn't mean I can't drool over this candy orange truck for a bit, right?

1 comment:

Hohni said...

I told ya Hubby and son are jealous of your gun!!!