Friday, March 13, 2009

Taking My Business Elsewhere

That's right. I am taking my business elsewhere. In regards to my health I mean.

No no, don't panic, I haven't given up on my trainer Rik (even though I have been cursing his name for the past 3 days). For as much pain as I am in and as much as I'd like to blame it on Rik, that's not the case really. I mean he made me do it. But I pay him to make me do it.

No, I was forwarded a website by a coworker of mine. And I urge you all to check it out when you have time. Go to Skin Deep when you have some time. Anything that you use for your body (just about) is listed here. And it tells you how hazardous the chemicals in your favorite products are.

Olay Quench Body Lotion is my all time favorite. Until today. Did you know it rates 7-8 on a 0-10 safety scale? 0 being harmless, 10 being the most hazardous. Meaning the chemicals used in my lotion are either cancer causing, they aren't approved by the FDA, or there are high uncertanties about their future side effects.

As a population, we are generally more concerned about our appearance than anything else, and we will pay any amount of money and sacrifice years off our lives to achieve beauty. In your 20's or 30's, you might not be thinking about life when your 70 or 80. So shaving off 5 years doesnt seem like a big deal. But when you are 70, don't you think that you might wish you would have done something positive for your health? Physical beauty doesn't last forever ya know. So tell me, is it worth it?

I looked up every single product that I use in the bathroom on this website. And every single one of them will be permanently visiting the garbage can or recycling bin very soon.

A few months ago I checked out a company and their products very briefly. I first saw the them on the show 'Dirty Jobs' with Mike Rowe. He visited an organic 'bath and body' company who claimed to make shampoo out of mud. So after the show, I checked out their website and discovered they sell many 'beauty' items, including shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, deoderants, skin care products and even baby products. They are all organic and chemical free.

I ordered the trial pack of the facial care system. I suffer from acne. Always have. And nothing, not even the 3 years of Proactiv, would get rid of it. Well, this company's products work. I recieved my trial size, I used it. It smelled amazing. It felt great. It killed my acne overnight. Why didn't I keep using it? Well, it's expensive. I always meant to order again, but never got around to it.

The company is called Terressentials and I dare you to head over and check them out. I entered their products on the Skin Deep website and their products range from 0-3 on the hazard scale. Everything was 0-2 except for their deoderant, which hit a level 3. There are no chemicals. The products are organic and wonderful. I am going to pretend I'm 70yo. And I'm going to shell out a little extra $ today so that I can be healthy and happy when I am 70.

1 comment:

Hohni said...

I'm heading there right now......