Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CrossFit

Last night, I became a CrossFitter.  And I managed not to die!
I started a 6 week CrossFit bootcamp.  I figure that, added to my 5K race on the first, will be a good start to the new year.
The class is made up of mostly newbies to this method of training.  Which made me feel a whole lot better, because I didn't know what I was doing either.
I managed to do my first pull up... ever... with the help of a giant rubber band and one of the trainers.  My goal for this class is to be able to do one pullup, unassisted.  I wonder if that kind of strength is possible in just 6 weeks?
CrossFit's version of a squat is merciless.  There's no possible way to cheat.  Added in were pushups, sit ups and more squats.  Tabata squats. 
I'm sore today.  I'll be more sore tomorrow, when I have to go back to class. 

We also began our company Biggest Loser competition again.  I plan on winning this season.  I plan on it.

1 comment:

Ninso said...

Awesome, Em! Soon you will become an addict. I CF 5 days a week, and would do more but a)there is no morning class on Wednesdays and no class at all on Sundays, and b) more than 5 days a week is really way too much--gotta have some recovery time!

One unassisted pull-up in six weeks is a HUGE goal! I can do probably 6 dead-hang underhand pull-ups and 1 or two dead-hang overhand pull-ups. I JUST started kipping. And I've been working on them for a year! It took me at least a few months to get my first unassisted pull-up. It's a tough thing, so don't get discouraged.

You're off to a great start!