Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010

G'Mornin' folks!  Top of the mornin to ya!


One of my new years resolutions is to be a morning person. Or at least to try. It could definately turn into a struggle.

My year has started off well.  I kicked it off with my first 5K run ever.  January 1st in Minnesota isn't the ideal time to run outside.  For obvious reasons.  It was difficult to breathe and much of my training was indoors on a treadmill.  Climate control.  It was a brutal race, but I finished and I wasn't last, which were my only goals for this run.  There is another 5K in 6 weeks and I hope to participate.  My goal then will be to beat my time in the first one.

Another resolution of mine is to continue working on my book.  Wyoming Sun was last worked on in January... of 2009.  When I originally set out to write it and share it with you, I had planned on adding to it every week or two.  It's something I need to work on.

I think I've found my new freestyle song with Frankie.  I loved our first freestyle song and I struggle to let it go.  But as we improve and change, our music needs to reflect that.  The new song is quite a bit more upbeat and a little faster.  Frankie and I are only playing disc about once a week these days.  In the next month or two, I'll start to increase it a bit as the new season begins to gear up.  In December it still felt like we were on the downhill slide of the season gearing down.  But with the arrival of January and a new year, it feels more like a new season is going to be gearing up.  That is huge in regards to my mood. 

I recieved my new Flip recently.  In my eagerness to use it... Well, just take a look for yourself.  I ripped into the box before I even got home and got down to shooting some video. The thing rocks.

How did you ring in the new year??

No comments: