Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Is It About CrossFit?

I got my first taste of this phenomenon called CrossFit exactly three weeks ago when I began a six week long CrossFit bootcamp. 

It's brutal. It's exhausting. It's wonderful. The first two weeks I was pretty sure that I wouldn't make it through the whole thing. The soreness of my body after each class would last for days, and as soon as I started recovering, it was time for the next class and I'd start all over.

After the first class of week three, I was surprised at how sore I was not the next day. I'm getting stronger! 

I can't decide what it is about CrossFit though that keeps me going back. It's hard stuff. Last night for instance, there were several times where I thought I was just going to pass out.  By the end when we stood up to stretch, I started seeing stars. 

Would I feel differently about it if half of the class wasn't made up of disc doggers?  We do all of our warm ups and line drills in a different room, and for some reason even though it's mostly just physical torture that happens there, I can't wait to get back and do it again.  I don't like exercising. But I love CrossFitting. 

Last night my workout consisted of the following:
Line drills for warmup
20 burpees
40 situps
20 pushups
100 jump rope singles
50 squats
25 jumping pullups
20 wall balls
30 lunges w/ 10lb weight overhead
20 more burpees
Then for 'dessert' we got to do 2 rounds of 30 second planks and 30 second side planks and 30 more situps.

It's crazy stuff. But I havent been able to do 70 situps since... well, never. 

CrossFit baby!

1 comment:

Becks May said...

Awesome! Keep it up girl!